Collection of three-dimensional, high-resolution atmospheric data on weather and climate, aerosols and air pollutants in various cities:
- Processing of existing long-term observations (LTO) and establishment of new LTO in phase 1 for the cities of Hamburg, Berlin and Stuttgart.
- Continuation of LTO in phase 2
- Implementation of four intense observation periods (IOP, two in summer, two in winter) in phase 1
- Implementation of specific observation campaigns in phase 2
- Continuous processing and quality assurance of data
Development of an evaluation concept
General and application-specific evaluation of PALM-4U based on the acquired reference data
International and international urban climate research using observational data and PALM-4U simulations
Implementation of urban-rural studies using observational data and PALM-4U simulations
Development of an open source software-based data management system (DMS), a data standard, data guidelines and tables
Development of tools for data preparation and quality assurance, data analysis and interpretation, and their graphical presentation
Provision of data with free license via the DMS or developed portals (e.g. 'Berlin Data Portal') for scientific and application-related questions
Co-operation in cross-module working groups (WG) such as WG 'Data Management' or WG 'Model Evaluation'
Co-operation with Module A in the development of PALM-4U into a community model
Co-operation with Module A and C in the development of a permanence strategy of PALM-4U and further results:
- Long-term provision of quality-assured observational data as a basis for evaluation of future PALM-4U model versions.
- Participation in the WG 'Quality Assurance' in the further development of PALM-4U
Preparation of scientific publications
|Examples for long-term observations and observations during intense observation periods of 3DO. © Chair of Climatology Technische Universität Berlin 2020|